For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
08 November 2015
SMALL MOUNTAIN & THE BEACH CLUB - "A double birthday celebration"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Shaky
Hash Flash: Flying Finn. Additional photos: Florin, Ivan
Ring Master: Peach Melba
- Hashers all gather at Café Bi Sắt,12 Hung Vuong; many were excited because today is Mother Teresa’s and Ms Lan’s Birthdays all at the same time.
- Today Hash attendance is 45, include Mr Hoa who arrived at the last minute but managed to park his motorbike and catch up with the group.
- We walked from Le Loi street to Phan Chu Trinh through the city centre, where people work and drink coffee, surprised to see a large group of 45 Hashers pass through the streets.
- Here we walk as 3 groups, Lead the 1st group way up front is Faulty Brakes. Lead the 2nd group is Mother Teresa, and Shaky volunteered to watch the last group with Bugs Bunny.
- As we walk through Phan Chu Trinh to Hem 220, it seems Faulty Brakes led the group through the village from Hem 220, followed by Mother Teresa’s group who were confused because there was no Chalk Talk!
- Up the mountain towards Jesus Christ Statue, we all pass through a familiar Village that many Hashers know all too well, and the kids are still happy to practise their English!
- As we reach open field, the wind blesses us with strong cool breeze to reward us for enduring a hot weather today. We also find many teenagers up here to take photo of this beautiful spot in Vung Tau city.
- The red tape trail lead to the thick forest. Ferrari wanted to bring back to Grandma a tree branch that he considered good luck, and other Hashers found an old Artillery Cannon. We all happy to bring back some Photo memories!
- Passing lot of branches and vines, we come out of the forest and didn’t saw the red tape trail. A local was nice enough to tell us where to go, but we still need the Hare to show us and that when Hare Shaky turn up.
- Shaky told us to continue down the road and not follow the local’s directions. We finally found the red tape and Hare Shaky told us that he put many red tapes on the trees, but we guess someone decided to take them off!
- We take a few minute break under Jesus Statue. A group of Boy Scouts had finish their activity and ready to go home by following the trail set by our Hares. Returnee Ms Hien decided to ask one of the Boy Scouts to give her a lift down the mountain!
- We finally down the mountain, while Hash Virgins wanted to have an easy trip to the Down Down by Taxi, Russian Hashers motivated them to not give up and walk to the Down Down instead.
- We reached the Down Down at the Russian Beach Club, and were greeted by Mother Teresa, SamSon and Ronald Reagan. By this time, special guest Brittany had already come and gone because she had an international flight to catch for treatment of an injury (she's already been admitted to hospital in Canada, and looking forward to catching up with everyone on her return - ed).
- After some refreshment by our sponsor San Miguel, Peach Melba don the GM chain and wanted to start the Circle so we can attend the birthday party after that.
- Peach Melba called out the Hares who set the trail, Shaky and Faulty Brakes. Hashers Mowgli and his friend Florin rated the Trail: “It was so confusion because there was no Chalk Talk” and on the mountain some red marker tape was missing. So they gave it a 6.5/10.
- Then, we welcome many Hash Virgins: Ms Trung, Ms Lan, Ms Lan Anh know the Hash through the Hash website, Ms Ngan by herself, Nephew Nikita introduced by his Uncle Ivan.
- Returnees Ms Oanh, Private Business, Panty, Ms Hien, Ms Thuy and Ms Ngan, The Gardener, Ms Banana with unacceptable excuses of “Work” and “Holiday”. So here’s to the Returnees, they’re “true blue”!
- Ring Master decided to skip the Sinners and move to congratulate Mother Teresa and Ms Lan for today is their birthday. Happy Birthday both of you, and SamSon has gift for them: 700th run Hash T-shirts!
- We move to the main event: the Party – with tables full of food and lots of Vodka from Ha Noi and United Kingdom combined, we manage to survive until the Chocolate “Napoleon” cake was put on stage, a specialty from the Russian Hashers.
- A Russian dancer with Flaming Hot Moves can light up the candles on “Napoleon” Cake, which make us a night we won’t forget! (see photo gallery).
- We'll meet again on Sunday at our new HQ, Petanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
HASH FLASH > > >