For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
NUI DINH - "We Hash in any weather!"
Hares: KFC, Chippy
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: Basil
- Today’s weather is raining due to the storm in Pacific Ocean, but it didn’t stop 20 Hashers joining for today’s run.
- We all board the bus to Dinh Mountain (“Nui Dinh”); for some reason today is cold but inside the bus, the driver open the air-con which more colder!
- As Dinh mountain is within our sight, we saw it was covered with fog which makes today’s run one of a kind, fog of war, exciting, shouting “on-on” trail!
- As the bus drop us at the temple, Hare Chippy tell everyone this temple is for Down Down but we must keep it clean. And we all bring the offering to the temple before the run.
- We go down the stairs and fascinating to see how big this temple is, they got cargo rail, 2 big domes as stages, tractors which little Oopso like to hop on and try to become Vietnamese farmer.
- As soon as we finish bring the offering, we got young devotee try to practise English with foreign Hashers.
- Hare Chippy explain the trail in Vietnamese and Basil translate: the trail lead to the mountain top where the bell is, this is the old trail where SamSon set it few weeks ago, so only half is a new trail.
- The rain started and helped Hashers cool down during the climb. We go up to the coffee shop where Hare Chippy mention in her Chalk Talk.
- The climb start out as stair climbing and then turn to rocky walking, we go and shout “on-on” and little Oopso start follow the Hash tradition by saying “on-on”.
- We reach the coffee shop where they had beautiful stream and rocky like in Da Lat. Hashers took pictures with friends, family or just the scenery which makes this worth “million dollar views”.
- As soon as we reach the cement road, which Chippy mention wasn’t there 1 year ago, some recognise this was the trail set by SamSon. We found some old marking tape still there.
- While we go up the mountain to the bell, the first group who finish seeing the bell are confused whether the trail continue over the other side or turn back. Basil reminds them and finally they remember what the trail look like.
- As soon as we reach the top where the bell temple is, we saw fog covered the view which makes it more beautiful. From here, you can usually see the City but now the fog make the city disappear like magic!
- We turn back the way we came and it’s now 5 pm so we must make it down the mountain before dark.
- As we come down to the temple, the temple’s “guards” bark at Mary’s “buddy companion”.
- As soon we reach the main road, we relieved to finally coming out of the forest and headed down to the bus and ice cold San Miguel.
- Hashers Rajah and Robert don’t remember where the bus is so they wait at the coffee shop near the bridge, because Rajah remember where the down down was held few weeks ago. Basil found them and guide them back to the bus.
- After some few drinks and Vodka for Live Wire, we start the group photo before it get dark, then Ring Master Basil start the Circle right away.
- A thank you message from the RM for Hashers showing up even though it raining. Yes, we do run in any weather and thank you for supporting the Hash.
- We welcome Hares Chippy and KFC but KFC wasn’t here today, so the Circle decided to rate the trail. There was a little confusion during the trail and so RM decided to let the Circle vote, with majority favour a perfect score: 10/10!
- We don’t have any Hash Virgins or Returnees today, but we got Sinners. Flying Finn who turn the wrong way, followed by Faulty Brakes, Rajah, Robert and Live Wire who got lost. So here’s to the Sinners…
- Today’s guest of honour is Live Wire, his announcement in the Circle that he stay in Vietnam for 14 years and now he and his wife Private Business will go back to Russia. The Circle refuses to say goodbye forever but say “We see you again”, which Live Wire promise will return.
- Before RM end the Circle he announced next week is a local trail; it was set by Faulty Brakes and Flying Finn recently, and now we shall use it.
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Petanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!