For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
SMALL MOUNTAIN - "Down Down with a view"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Flying Finn
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: SamSon
- Today is perfect for a Hash run, with no hot or raining weather. 28 Hashers join including 2 Hash Virgins.
- Hare Flying Finn headed first to the starting point, while co-hare Faulty Brakes guided Hashers through the city to Phan Chu Trinh street, alongside Small Mountain (changed from advertised Big Mountain trail).
- While we walked through the city, many locals were paying attention to our large group walking street to street. One foreigner asked where Hashers all meet, so we told him we always meet at 12 Hung Vuong street: Café Bi Sắt.
- We stopped at Hem 84 Phan Chu Trinh where Hare Flying Finn awaited, then Hare Faulty Brakes gave chalk talk and “On On” we go!
- We take short-cut up the stairs and turn right into our familiar yet nostalgic trail set by popular but now departed Mountain Goat; there was a stray dog running around, probably trying to find his way home.
- After rock climbing, we come across the cement road to the lighthouse. Hash Virgins never imagine they come across this trail. Then Faulty Brakes reveal another trail to lighthouse instead of using the road!
- The trail cut around the military antenna and our presence alerted the guard dog; however, all is well after we leave the area. The trail had a lot of thorny vines, but we all get through by helping each other.
- We reach the lighthouse through that trail, and we got option to go up the light house and sightseeing before go down the road and turn left to the old Bunker and lookout point for the Down Down (last used for run #486, 27.08.2011!).
- When we arrived, SamSon had already bring the eskies at the Down Down and we exchanged some history about the Bunker while drinking ice-cold San Miguel beer and softies.
- We all took the group photo and Ring Master SamSon called the Circle early because some Hashers had business to attend.
- Returnee Rita was called to rate the trail. She praised the trail and gave 8/10. However, Ring Master added an extra point for a fantastic Down Down area, making 9/10.
- Hash Virgins Mr Hau and Ms Huong was introduced by their English teacher, Knob Doctor. While they can’t speak much English, SamSon translated for them.
- Returnee Rita missed 4 weeks because of Christmas, New Year and Christmas again, and awarded with Down Down.
- And Sinners: Mary, UXO and Rajah for using short-cut. Experienced Hashers notice the short-cut but still no excuse for not following the red marker tape!
- Ring Master announced next week’s trail would be Big Mountain, then we closed the Circle and finished packing to leave the area for the couples and other teenagers who had watched Hasher Circle activity with lots of interest!
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Pétanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!