For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
25 October 2015
BIG MOUNTAIN - "Waterfall revisited"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Basil, Ms Brittany
Hash Flash: Mr Duong. Additional Photos: Radio Wave
Ring Master: SamSon
- Weather forecast today was mild and no rain, with lot of wind and cloud cover. The Sunday Hashers happy to see the cool weather back again, despite in the previous month of hot weather.
- Hare Basil lead 24 Hashers to Vi Ba street.
- Basil told where to start, a full circle long trail, but easy to conquer, advice is Hasher must always shout “On On” not only to keep everyone on trail but also to scare away any “cold blood creature”.
- After the Chalk-Talk, then it was “On On” to the Pagoda, Radio Wave rushes in front to get a good photo of Hashers. Long Wave afraid his dad might jump out from the bushes to get a good picture!
- Hashers Mowgli and Florin speed up to lead, but when entered the pagoda, not much red tape and they were soon confused. Hare Basil wished to lead but they again speed ahead and almost go the wrong way (we are not allowed to use trail markers inside pagodas).
- Half way along the trail, Radio Wave was coming last, because he change his camera lens to counter photographers’ mortal enemy, “Light Reflection”. On the way to the promised water stream, Peter and Basil demonstrate their “flying” by jumping down the rock, the moment was captured by Radio Wave (see links to RW's photos below).
- Finally the promised water stream has become small again after 2 days no rain, different from when the Hares set the trail.
- We coming out of the forest and arrive at the familiar broken road to Vi Ba. Relieved Hashers stroll down the road and the wind reward us with cool breeze.
- Rajah and Basil enjoy the Sugar Cane drinks with Viking, Tiger, Ms Minh and Ms Chuyen. Basil notice the trail down to Ganh Hao restaurant has been blocked by many fallen tree, someone already chop them down.
- We all get down to Le Loi street and coming to M. ‘Arry and Ice Water’s Petanque Café Bi Sắt at 12 Hung Vuong street, and our cool eskies filled with ice and San Miguel Beer are waiting there.
- While we enjoy the Beer, Basil joke with Shaky regarding an American movie “Back to the Future: Part 2” that in 2015, we had flying cars but we are still nowhere getting it developed!
- After the Group Photo, Ring Master SamSon called out the Hares who set the trail, Faulty Brakes, Basil and Ms Brittany who unfortunately can’t join us because of her teaching class. SamSon called Mowgli to rate the Trail. “Long trail and Normal difficulty, but some red marker tape missing along the trail”. He gives the Hares 9.9/10, but SamSon just give them 9/10.
- We couldn’t find Shaky’s Hash Virgin friend so we move on to the Returnees. Ms Vy from last year has return with us, Radio Wave’s daughter Short Wave is “back online”, also Viking, Ms Thanh and Ms Chuyen who SamSon didn’t see last week!
- Sinners were called so Basil and Shaky volunteer because Hasher Paul and daughter Asa had register for the Hash but they were not present at the Chalk Talk, so they go off somewhere because the trail might be too hard for his daughter. Shaky, who bring his Hash Virgin friend Falco, didn’t guide him to the Down Down but allow him to go home!
- Hash Tag is given to our Korean Hasher Peter. While “Psy” from Gang Nam style was easy to remember, his name is “Peter” so Basil added “Pan” which everybody agree: “Peter Pan” the boy who never grew up. Here’s to “Peter”, he's a true “Pan”!
- Announcement at the Circle, that some Hashers remember Hashers Ice Water and Monsieur ’Arry. They are owners of our Down Down Petanque Café Bi Sắt and Ring Master asked the Circle to vote if we should choose to move our SB4 HQ to make Petanque Café Bi Sắt our new HQ. Which 22 Hashers agree over 2.
- Also announcement about a Charity “Red Dress Run” for Christmas. While we have not yet decided where we will have the run, all suggestions to Mismanagement team who will evaluate them. Voluntary charity donations will start at next week’s run.
- Next week’s run will be on Dinh Mountain (“Nui Dinh”) and confirmed Hare is SamSon, with co-Hares confirmed as Shaky and Brittany.
- We'll meet on Sunday at our new HQ, Petanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
...and links to Radio Wave's photos > Yandex Disk: https://yadi.sk/d/MBPhk1KJjzhGM
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderviewid=0B8V9xML3hHBHUGlWLWZyajI2eWc&usp=sharing