PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
Contact Mr Cuong for all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
phone, text/sms: 093 8833 183
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
06 September 2015
LONG SON ISLAND - "Up and over the mountain"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Uncle
Hash Flash: Ms Lien. Group photo: Basil. Circle photos: Fot tret, Gopi
Report: Basil, Uncle
Before the trail:
- Hashers all meet at the Sao Bien 4. The weather was very hot, but 32 Hashers including 2 Virgins and Lots of Returnees join today’s run on Long Son Island.
- UXO family manages to arrive before the bus depart and Stubble too (walking).
- The bus took us to Long Son Island when the weather was hot, Radio Wave took this chance to photo everyone on the Bus; While everyone was happy to see familiar faces for a long time.
- After arriving at the Long Son Market, Hashers get off the bus and headed to the Starting point of the Chalk-Talk, while greeted by Dogs Barking, Children practise English and Locals surprised to find how cute little “Oopso” is.
- Faulty Brakes start his Chalk-Talk and tell everyone to wait at the top until the last person arrive, then we all can descend the mountain.
During the Hash
- A good climb for exercise, when last week we all had an enjoyable walk around the lake, this time is more challenging trail.
- We had Virgins who join for the first time, wanted to take their time climbing and Basil is make sure he is the last one so no one can get lost.
- After a little break at the top, and when everyone is accounted for, We started to descend the mountain. “Uncle” Stubble is helping little Oopso for his Parents.
- Hare Faulty Brakes discover that some Quick Hashers headed the wrong way; the trusty Walkie-Talkie has proved itself again.
- Finally, we all reach the road but Hare Faulty Brakes recommend to go to the small shrine that we went last week instead of the Restaurant. We arrive there but with no caretaker in sight, we decided to have our Down Down outside the shrine which got lot of shade.
During the Circle
- A welcome message by the GM, and Hare Faulty Brakes will take the Down Down for Uncle who is unavailable today, Paul was nominated to rate the Trail.
- “It was a very challenging trail, and it been a while since we had a trail like this”. However 1 point was deducted because people got lost when descended the mountain so 9/10.
- We got 2 Virgin who join the Hash for the first time, Ghosal from India/Singapore, join because his friend Gopi introduce. Bob, friend of Camel Bone, again was introduced by friend.
- Returnees “Radio Wave”, Micro Wave”, “Short Wave”, “UFO”, “SamOnHash”, “Tiny Rabbit”, “Alliya” and “Smokey” which all excuse are -On Holiday- except “Rita”, she is Grandma on duty.
- And For all the Sinner, “Fot Tret” for inappropriate Shoe wear, Bob for new Shoes, “Ronald Reagan” for the first who lead the group got lost and Hashers who followed.
- A Hash naming is happen after a long time: a quiet Hasher joins the Hash for more than 6 weeks, when the circle asked what name he likes, he answer “Huy”, so from today onward he is “Huy”.
- Greg and Ms Lien are also has Hash Name, but today only announce publicly they shall be known as “Mr T” and “Ms T” (“Misty”) for a work well done with the Hash T-shirt. The Circle love it.
- Before GM ended the Circle, He announce that the 700th run celebration is happen on 20th September, Hash Cash will arrange the Cake, drinks and seats, everyone can bring food with them and we all share together.
- We ended the Circle early, but UXO decided to become a Foodie today, he bought Long Son’s Smoke chicken and share with everyone. Here’s to the Foodie, UXO!
- No word on next week’s trail yet, so watch the NEXT RUN box on our homepage. We’ll meet on Sunday, as usual, at Sao Bien 4 restaurant: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start – in any weather!
VTH3 #697 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
And here are some links to additional photos by Radio Wave:
1200x800p gallery: https://yadi.sk/d/VNvXum0vixRGx 800x600p gallery: https://yadi.sk/d/F7umekKAixRQC
All RW's photos are available in full quality size and colour by personal request via the "Contact VTH3" page.
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2022