PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
11 October 2015
LONG HAI MOUNTAINS - A view worth "millions"!
Hares: Samson, Shaky, Ms Nhan
Hash Flash: Misty, Hung. Additional photos: Radio Wave
- Hashers all meet at the Sao Bien 4, The Bus arrive on time, but the ice isn’t. While waiting for the Ice Guy, we are introduced to New Hash Virgins, Russian family of 3 and Brittany from Canada.
- Finally the ice arrives in the nick of time. We empty the Ice in the Eskies and headed to today's exciting run in Long Hai mountains.
- On the way, Faulty Brakes led the bus to Ice Water’s new café and tell everyone that this new Café will be next week's Down Down, because he afraid not many people know it so he need to show it beforehand.
- The Bus run smoothly to Long Hai and weather is hot. We stop at the Village Entrance because the bus was too big to travel inside the village, Hare SamSon led everyone for a walk toward the starting point.
- He told everyone that this trail is long and worth it because we start in Long Hai but end in Minh Dam secret zone, a secret of the mountain that SamSon promise to make happen today.
- After the Chalk-Talk, then it was “On On” Up the Stairs, Radio Wave waste no time and spot a river near the stairs and took a shot with his trusty camera.
- After the stairs, we make it to the house and turn right to head to Minh Dam secret zone. It is here that every one start to feel sweaty, Hash Flash Misty almost drop the Camera because of the sweat.
- Korean Hasher Peter asked who set this trail and promise that he will rate this trail by his sweat!
- We made it to the Temple up the mountain and Hashers admire the view, but Hare SamSon tell that this isn’t the only view spot he and others find, the trail led deep in the forest and up the mountain with promise of a view worth “millions”!
- When we arrive at the True Top of the mountain, the caretaker of the temple offer us some of his fresh water stream that he collected and boil it to perfection, Hashers surprise to find it taste different than normal water.
- And of course, the promised view worth "Millions" on top the temple, Hashers take lots of pictures of this place like no tomorrow because no words can ever describe it beauty.
- Finally, we arrive at Minh Dam secret zone and the bus was there with cold San Miguel to reward us, we feel like being pampered rather than exercise.
- We quickly quench our thirst, a group photo, and Ring Master Samson start the Circle before it gets dark.
- SamSon called out the Hares who set the trail, Shaky, Ms Nhan and himself in the Circle and Radio Wave was nominated to rate the Trail. "An excellent, long, up and down trail", He gives the Hares 9/10, in which Mother Teresa comment in Russian that Radio Wave should do a second run back because he is taller than her.
- Ring Master invite the Virgin Family, Ivan, Daria and daughter Kate from Russia, introduced by Mother Teresa. Brittany from Canada, by collecting a Hash card from WTF, she contacted Uncle and come here for this run and she likes it. Welcome Virgins!
- Returnees, Radio Wave, wife Hi-Fi, and son Short Wave all “fully back online” and Live Wire and Ms Giang because Ring Master didn’t see them last week. With no excuse given, Returnee wears the Hash tube on the elbow and drinks the beer cup as punishment.
- Sinner Peter because he was in the last group and Rajah for pointing Peter out which means he also in last group. Here’s to the Sinners!
- Hash Tag is given to Mr Hung, and Short Wave. Mr Hung was given the name “Ferrari” as in Italian Car, by Faulty Brakes because Hung likes cars and is energetic. Short Wave, before was a short little boy, but now is as tall as Radio Wave, so he shall be known as “Long Wave”.
- Finally, we thank the foodies, Mother Teresa, D&G and Titanic for sharing with us their food.
- Announcement that with no reminder emails, Hashers should know that we all go to SB4 every Sunday and next week's trail will be known as “Mysterious Trail”. Check the website NEXT RUN box for further Updates, then RM SamSon ended the Circle.
- Happy Hashers sing lots of songs on the bus back to Vung Tau because “It’s not illegal to Drink and Sing”, and surprise us all that “Ferrari” can Sing very well. Next run maybe we shall change his Hash name!
We'll meet on Sunday, as usual, at Sao Bien 4 restaurant: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #702 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
THIS IS WHEN THE HASH CAMERA WAS INVOLVED IN AN "ACCIDENT"!
FORTUNATELY, 'RADIO WAVE' WAS ON HAND WITH HIS LONG LENS -
YOU CAN ENJOY ALL 166 GREAT PHOTOS AT EITHER OF THESE LINKS:
Yandex Disk link - https://yadi.sk/d/z2uAmb-2ji9Ha
Google Drive link - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8V9xML3hHBHaE9PMkpMOEZldjA&usp=sharing
AS ALWAYS, ALL RW'S PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE IN FULL RES. UPON REQUEST.
THIS TEAM PHOTO IS ALSO COURTESY OF RADIO WAVE: