PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
22 November 2015
LONG HAI MOUNTAINS - Monkey Pagoda to Minh Dam Base Secret Zone
Hares: SamSon, Shaky, Bugs
Hash Flash: Ferrari
Ring Master: Basil
- We all gathered at 12 Hung Vuong street, Café Bi Sắt, to start another “day of life” of Hasher. Weather forecast is very normal today which invited 33 Hasher who arrive on time.
- However, Hares SamSon and Bugs were busy with schedule and sickness, so the duty fell to Hare Shaky, who said the trail is well marked and beautiful scenery, he even show “mark of honour” on his head!
- Hashmobile arrived to pick us up, and we start our journey to Long Hai, but today the Ice Man bring 1 bag instead of 2 so we make a quick stop on the way to purchase another bag.
- As soon as we reach the ice seller, the Hashmobile give up and run out of fuel. Luckily, our driver managed to go back and get his Hashmobile Mk. 2 in just 5 minutes and we on our way to Long Hai, Monkey Pagoda.
- We arrive at Monkey Pagoda and Ms Lan, who miss the bus but manage to wait for us at Monkey Pagoda, is the 34th Hasher.
- With Hare Shaky leading the Hashers, we follow him while everyone was fascinated with so many Monkeys here at the temple, and after everyone take photos, Hare Shaky can start his Chalk Talk with help from Russian translators Long Wave and Radio Wave, sometimes interrupted by monkeys who jump up and down to the roof and watch the group of Hashers with much curiosity.
- “On On” we go to the set of stairs up the mountain, a pleasant climb with monkeys on our tail; one couple of teenagers decided to join the Hash by following us to climb the mountain. But they stop as soon as we reach the temple at the top.
- We go through the thick Forest, and shout “On-On” on the way, we heard reply from afar but when come near, it's a group of youngsters going back the way we came. They probably enjoy their walk but then forget the way down. If they follow the way we came, they might reach the temple.
- The trail leads under a big rock which looks like a small valley. And after Hashers bravely go through it, we reach Minh Dam secret zone and the top of the rock has beautiful views over the mountains.
- Coming down the mountain to the familiar old water tank, Hash virgin Ms Thu waiting her friend Ms Hoa who also a Hash Virgin coming with the last group at the temple, and we all come to bus with Ice Cold San Miguel waiting.
- After the group photo taken by Hash Flash and Radio Wave, Basil don the GM chain of honour and asked the Hare come to Circle. Hare Shaky represent other Hares SamSon and Bugs who aren’t with us today. Radio Wave raised his hand to rate the trail.
- “It is very hard trail and beautiful scenery, the selling point is going under the rock experience.” He decide to give a perfect score, 10/10. Well done Hares, first time Shaky receive such praise!
- Today we welcomed Hash Virgins Ms Thu and Ms Hoa who surprisingly told us that they introduced the Hash to each other. Robert from New Zealand joins us because of Shaky. And mother Olga and daughter Sveta introduced by colleague Ivan.
- Returnees: Big Mac whose excuse was “on Holiday”, Ferrari, Titanic and D&G for “Family business”, Hot Dog for “Free Beer”, and Ms Chuyen because she is “LAZY”.
- We got sinner which Radio Wave found a missing sunglasses, the owner must come to the Circle and turned out to be our latecomer, Ms Lan. So sinner she will be and “Here’s to the Sinner…”
- Today we receive word that Ivan and wife Daria should receive their Hash Name for joining more than six times. His wife is a dentist, so she will be “Tooth Fairy”, and Ivan is a doctor: “Doctor House” from the TV show. But since we are in Vietnam, “Bac si House” is most appropriate!
- Announcement to the Circle, the Red Dress Charity run will happen on 6th December and everyone should wear something Red and we shall give food to the poor people on Go Gang Island. So please support it.
- We'll meet again on Sunday at our new HQ, Petanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #708 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
Leave a Reply.
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2023