PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
29 November 2015
SMALL MOUNTAIN - "#707 in reverse!"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Flying Finn
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: SamSon
- We all gather at 12 Hung Vuong street, Café Bi Sắt. Announcement from Mother Teresa that today is Blackhawk’s birthday, so we got 31 Hashers who wished to congratulate him.
- We board the taxis to 50 Ha Long street, where our Run 707 ended last time but now, become today’s run beginning.
- Hare Faulty Brakes start the Chalk Talk that the trail go up to Lighthouse and Down Down at Café Bi Sắt, just remind Hashers to watch the road when crossing.
- We start at a hot weather, a warm exercise by going up the small stairs to the mountain, and up the hill past the hotel, where the staff greet Hashers with English they practise.
- A climb through a rocky path; however, we found Hare Faulty Brakes walk up the mountain instead of following the red tape. He said he saw people walk this way so he forgot he was the Hare(!)
- We climb up the mountain to the path with lot of thorny branches, Shaky is still remembering his “Mark of honour” so Bugs watch over him.
- As soon as we hit the pathway, some Hashers forgot to look for the red tape and almost go the wrong direction but Hare Faulty Brakes save the day.
- After the path, the red tape show us to follow the stairs up to the lighthouse, which Basil told new Hashers that this path used to be covered by tall grass after rain, now reveal itself.
- We finally reach the coffee shop near Lighthouse and choice offered to take picture up at the lighthouse or follow back to Café Bi Sắt.
- A pleasant walk down the mountain, we saw “Peace Keepers” pay attention to law breakers. We greet and they greet us back.
- Finally we reach Mr Ket, and saw some Hashers are still wondering whether they meet at Mr Ket or go back to Café Bi Sắt.
- A walk through the city and we are back at Café Bi Sắt, last Hashers were Shaky and Bugs but she wonders how Hashers managed to get down so fast, she suspect we used the “Hashmobile”.
- After few vodkas to celebrate Blackhawk’s birthday, SamSon called the group photo and the Circle start, while the neighbours next door had some kind of party and occupied the street with tables and chairs.
- Ring Master welcome the Hash for another run success and welcome Hares Faulty Brakes and Flying Finn, and Blackhawk as the witness to give out rating because today is his birthday. “Good trail, very exciting but long way down to the Down Down”, so he gives 7/10.
- We welcome Hash Virgins Ms Linh and Ms Phuong who introduced by Viking and Ms Hoa. Here’s to the Virgins…
- And returnees Rajah, Anatoly whose excuses are “Work”, Stubble excuse is “in Russia”, Mr Smiley “didn’t have any chance to go Hashing on Sundays”, SamSon and Bugs wasn’t here last week.
- We got sinner Oggy for becoming “ice water”, SamSon and Bugs who set the trail before but absent when they supposed to lead us.
- And of course the birthday host Blackhawk received a Hash T-shirt with words from every Hasher to congratulate him. Here’s to Blackhawk…
- Announcement to the Circle, the Red Dress Charity run is going well for next week on Go Gang Island; everyone should wear something Red and of course there will be prize for the best “Red Dress” (but anything red is OK, it doesn’t have to be a dress). We also plan Christmas Party – more details when confirmed. And with that, we end the Circle.
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #709 PHOTO GALLERY > > >