PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
06 December 2015
LONG SON ISLAND - VTH3 2015 RED DRESS CHARITY RUN!
Hares: Basil, Ferrari
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: SamSon
- Hashers all meet at Café Bi Sắt, everyone wearing Red today because we have Charity Run and a Contest who wear the BEST red dress, with a prize for the winner.
- Our “Sleigh” arrives and Santa Claus Hasher volunteers load our Donation Goods and ready to bring smile to those people who need the most. Christmas coming early and Santa Claus troops are ready!
- The journalist covering the story was busy and couldn’t meet us at 12 Hung Vuong, but she shall meet us at Go Gang Island, same as one Hasher also waiting there for the “Sleigh” to arrive.
- When we arrive, our driver decided that the way in isn’t possible, but nothing stops Hashers to bring these joyful presents to the poor people waiting at the Elementary School (one of them brought along a cute dog).
- We bring in the gifts and we got Long Son Women’s Association representative, 13 recipients and head villager welcome us. SamSon gladly take the role of interpreter. An informal procedure for those people received our gifts was held and all are in the photos.
- The reporter arrived to interview the people in Go Gang Island and Women’s Association, while we Hashers conduct our scheduled trail run.
- Chalk-Talk by Basil and “On-On” we go to the Prawn Farm, and the locals already cheer us with their wine. We walk the narrow way while avoiding motorbikes. Mini-Hasher Oopso saw some small fish and got excited!
- The trail led us into the forest and we came out at the big lake. All we had to do is a run while enjoying beautiful scenery with sun reflecting off the water.
- We got plenty of dogs barking but they are on the other side of the farm, so Hashers don’t care and continue the trail.
- Hash Flash Cousin and additional photographers Bac Si House and Tiny Tim use this chance to take many photos, which the reporter wanted to be sent to her.
- We come half way the Circle but Hashers need to pass through a house with many dogs barking and the owner was nowhere to be seen.
- Hashers reluctant to pass through the house but can still pass around the house and avoid the dogs.
- A smooth wind and we walk back to the forest where we entered, but coming out of the forest, Hashers SamSon, Big Mac, UXO’s family and Peter Pan come out the other direction. Basil told them to follow the red tape, but they walk 1 km without noticing that there was no tape there!
- We come back full circle to the Elementary school where the bus finally arrive with our Eskies of cold drinks, and Hashers happy to take those into our Down Down at the Elementary school because no kids there on Sundays.
- The reporter interviewed Bac Si House, Mother Teresa, Hard Drive, Peter Pan and SamSon, with Basil interpreting answers to the question: “What do you think about the Hash?”
- After a few pictures taken with our Sponsor Banner, San Miguel, the reporter got what she needed and headed home and we started our Circle.
- Big Thank you to everyone from the Ring Master, and Hare Basil coming to the Circle and Hot Dog nominated to rate the trail: “Good trail with prawn farm and lake, so 8/10.”
- We welcomed Hash virgins Ms Lien and Hasse Barsev from Denmark - all are friends of Viking, so double Down Down for him! Rajaram, friend of Rajah, and Visitor Knob Doctor from Saigon Hash.
- Returnee Rita with excuse “Grandmother on Duty” which we accept, while Hard Drive, UXO and OXO with unacceptable excuse of “Working” so Down Downs for them.
- Sinners Big Mac, Peter Pan and OXO with SamSon wearing the tube because of him talking not paying attention to the red tape which makes these people get lost. But hare Basil also sinner because he did not put up yellow tape.
- The Contest for who wearing the Best Red Dress, with Rita and Big Mac were the most request to be the winner but we can’t decide so they both winners! Too bad for SamSon, at least he tried…
- Foodies Mother Teresa and Tiny Tim, a big thanks to them and a shower of cold water with everyone realize that maybe Mother Teresa won’t cooking next time.
- As the sun set, SamSon announced in the Circle that an informal end of year gathering will be held at Café Bi Sắt next Sunday. Attendees will book and pay 140k in advance, and after the "waterfall" run (Big Mountain) they'll go home and change then come back at 6 pm for the function.
- SamSon then closed the Circle and we cleaned the schoolyard and finally got back to our “Sleigh” after a job well done!
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Petanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #710 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
< < < < < TEAM SPONSOR PHOTO COURTESY TINY TIM > > > > >
Leave a Reply.
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2023