Merry Christmas to all Hashers, wherever you are!
A genuine snow message from Canadian Hasher Brittany Ross, who sends best wishes and plans to return soon!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
27 December 2015
BIG MOUNTAIN - "Hem 291 to Hem 444"
Hares: Faulty Brakes, Flying Finn
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: SamSon
- It was a hot day after last week’s rain, but Hashers still meet at 12 Hung Vuong, pétanque Café Bi Sắt and lots of familiar faces return.
- We also have Hash Virgins joining us today, but one wanted to observe first before joining next week.
- Dismounted from taxis at Hem 291, then Hare Faulty Brakes begin his Chalk-Talk and the start from up to mountain way, then turn right up the hill onto the cement road, then turn right to walk the road, go through the village and down the mountain through former artillery station and out Hem 444.
- Then it was “On-On” to the hill, and everything went smoothly until he realised the red tape near the neighbourhoods was missing, because Hares set this trail 3 weeks ago and locals take them off without the Hares noticing.
- But Hares didn’t forget the way, luckily the nearby cow look at the way the Hares had set and by that point, Hares remember and we are back on track.
- After passing through the village, we headed down the artillery station and here we have some time to take a look at the remains of the war. Hasher Knob Doctor been in Vung Tau for a few months but surprised to find such remains still in shape.
- After finish the photo we walk down the path and here some Hashers arrived early and decided to wait for the last Hashers so all coming down to Hem 444 together.
- As we wait for “Hash mobile”, OXO is interested in the Tuk-Tuk mobile, maybe someday we can have a Tuk-Tuk for the Hashers.
- We arrive back in 12 Hung Vuong, pétanque Café Bi Sắt, to be greeted by SamSon who is here to meet with the returnees and nominated to become Ring Master today. After the group photo, SamSon started the Circle quickly because some Hashers had work to do afterwards.
- A welcome message, and then the trail was to be rated by Knob Doctor. The Circle wanted to give 8. But it was deducted to 7 because the Hares forgot the trail. So 7/10.
- Hash Virgins, we welcome Damien and his girlfriend Karina. Damien is Faulty Brakes’ son and his first time in Vietnam, so welcome Damien and good work Faulty Brakes, here’s to all of them…
- Next we got returnees Paul and Family and Ms Hoa, who reason is they come back Hashing because holiday but if Paul “work” the family also “work” and Ms Hoa also “working”.
- Sinners, we have Hares who forgot to remark the trail and forgot the trail, they must wear the tube, and Sinner Ben, nominated by Paul for taking a short cut.
- As the day ends so the fun must end, even for little Oopso who had enjoyed himself “icing” Hashers in the Down Downs (see photos)!
- SamSon announced the next trail will be in Minh Dam secret zone, and first volunteer to set the trail is SamSon.
- We'll meet again on Sunday at pétanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #713 PHOTO GALLERY
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2021