PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
03 January 2016
LONG HAI MOUNTAINS - "Monkey pagoda to Minh Dam Secret Zone"
Live Hare: SamSon
Hash Flash: Cousin. Team photo: Bác Sĩ House
Ring Master: SamSon
- We all met at 12 Hung Vuong street, Bi Sắt Café, and 36 Hashers join.
- After the ice is in the eskies, we put them in the “Hash Mobile” and we pick up UXO’s family and Ms Lan, then Live Hare SamSon led the driver to Monkey Pagoda.
- SamSon dashed ahead to mark the trail, while he already told Basil to have chalk-talk and describe to everyone that the trail start from Monkey Pagoda and over to Minh Dam Secret Zone.
- Hashers had a group photo and moved onward to where the monkeys gathered, curious about Hashers including little Oopso.
- We headed up the mountain with many stairs, while Hash Virgins rigorously taking lots of pictures of the monkeys and pagoda. With many Hashers returned from away trips, many decided to walk their own pace, with Basil at the back to make sure no-one gets lost.
- After 1/4 of the trail, a group of teenagers came from the opposite direction and they told Hashers that there is another shortcut down the mountain to Minh Dam secret zone. Tempting, but Hashers stick to following the red markers.
- We finally arrive at the massive "split rock" landmark and head through to the other side and Minh Dam secret zone. Following us are the teenagers, curious to see which way the Hashers will go.
- Everyone finally gathered in the Minh Dam car park for ice cold San Miguel in the eskies, but didn’t see Live Hare SamSon. He had called Basil to keep following the red markers, but everyone had already rested and decided to give SamSon a drink for job well done, instead of following the last part of the live trail!
- Hare SamSon returned and Mother Teresa gave him some snacks and drinks for doing his best, as he showed Hashers some beautiful scenery that he photographed in the section that they missed.
- After the group rested and team photo taken, Ring Master SamSon borrowed Santa Claus beard from Terminator and welcomed Hashers to the Circle. Hash Flash Cousin was nominated to rate the trail, and everyone agreed that it deserved 8/10 because most Hashers didn’t finish all the trail(!).
- We welcomed Hash Virgins Ms Mai from Vietsovpetro, and Vactim and wife Oxana introduced by Tiny Tim, who was also awarded a Down Down and “snow shower”.
- Returnees: Ms Thuy "Lazy", Ms Phuong "Busy", Black Hawk and Vitaly "Holidays", and we welcome them all back.
- Sinners: Terminator because he arrived at the car park first but didn’t follow the markers to the last part of the trail, and SamSon for not explaining the full trail before heading off to mark it.
- And finally, we thank Foodies Mother Teresa and Tiny Tim for always providing their delicious food.
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Pétanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #714 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2021