PLEASE SUPPORT OUR MAJOR SPONSOR, SAN MIGUEL!
For all San Miguel products in Vung Tau:
Office phone: 08.39976377 (Mondays thru Fridays, 8am - 5pm)
Mobile: 0903 886 899
Home, office, party etc deliveries a specialty!
24 January 2016
BA RIA - "Giao Xu Long Huong Mountain"
Hares: SamSon, Basil
Hash Flash: Cousin
Ring Master: SamSon
- Today is another good day for Hashers who gather at 12 Hung Vuong, Café Bi Sắt. The owner of Bi Sat got a big catch of mangos because their mango tree’s fruit is ripe and they gather to sell the sweet delicious mangos.
- 2 Vietnamese Hashers bought mangos for the trip and we get the bus to Giao Xu Long Huong Mountain, and pick up Bac Si House and UXO’s families on the way.
- Some Hashers expected to go to Dinh Mountain but the trail was changed in our NEXT RUN box. We stop near Giao Xu Long Huong church and walk to the mountain for a chalk-talk. Many Hashers who saw the Cross on top the mountain, are excited for a new trail and a million-dollar view.
- When we reach the base of the mountain, Basil begin his chalk-talk while local villagers and children come to see the group of Hashers.
- There won’t be much red tape because the trail is going up the stairs to the Cross and going down to Down Down at the base of mountain. However a Million Dollar View is marked with red arrows and red tape so everyone bring their own camera and going for a shot.
- As Hashers climb up the stairs they all remember it was like Jesus Statue, and today only a few tourists and locals visit the place.
- Halfway to the top, Hares SamSon and Basil show everyone who like to take this chance for a shot worth million dollars, they turn left where the red arrow and red tape is. The 180 degree view of the city and a finish Dome of the Church is visible to see.
- After finish photos, we continue to the top, which is 360 degree view and Terminator climbed the rock and sat down for a mesmerizing view.
- Many Hashers took this chance to go up to Virgin Mary’s statue for a 360 degree city view and took photos with each other and family. Hare SamSon headed down first to order sugar cane juices for Hashers.
- It was an hour for the Hashers to admire the million-dollar view and everyone was about to go down when Terminator who headed down first was seen going up the stairs again for extra exercise!
- As we coming down the base of the mountain, SamSon help serving the juices and the Russians prepare the food for everyone, it is really a good time!
- Stubble decided to buy a bunch of flowers and UXO gives it to Ladies Hashers, without explain, but the villagers told Hashers that those flowers are for visitors to present to the Cross or Virgin Mary’s statue.
- So Terminator, Kojak and daughter Idaa, Stubble and Ms Chuyen go up the mountain once again to present the flowers while Hashers at the Down Down prepare for group photo.
- As soon as everyone is present, the photo was taken by Hash Flash, with many villagers and children gathered to see the happy Hash weekly activity.
- A welcome message to Hashers by Ring Master SamSon, then he asked the Circle to rate today’s trail and Hares SamSon and Basil will use the tube for punishment because they think the trail is short, but Terminator is nominated by the Russians and expresses that the trail is worth much more because of the view, so he gives 9/10.
- Hash Virgins Linh, niece of Ms Lan, and Darin, daughter of Sveta, are welcomed into the Hash Family.
- Returnees Kojak and daughter Idaa, Tiny Tim, Dracula and Catwoman, Peter Pan, and visitor Dumb from Russia. Returnees excused are, “Work” and “Holiday”, so Down Downs for them!
- And Sinners, while no one has anyone to point out but Peter Pan decided that someone bring the food is fish but use the water in the eskies as hand washing, so Black Hawk and Sveta were nominated!
- Before the Circle was closed, an announcement by Faulty Brakes that next week’s run will be a local trail followed by a visit from two special guests: Trinh and James Mills, widow and son of former VTH3 stalwart John "Falcon" Mills. There will also be an informal “New Hash Year” party after the Circle, which will be held close to the sea on the small island across the road from the bottom of the Jesus Statue steps - so bring a towel and swimming gear if you'd like to take a dip! Everyone is also invited to bring some snacks to share with fellow Hashers...
- We'll meet again on Sunday at Pétanque Café Bi Sắt, 12 Hung Vuong Street: 2 pm for 2.30 pm start - in any weather!
VTH3 #717 PHOTO GALLERY > > >
All Content © Vung Tau City Hash House Harriers 2013 - 2021